Interview Plan
1 paragraph description (or bullet-list):
- Who are you going to interview?
- My Mother
- What story are you going to tell?
- The story of my birth and the health complications that followed
- What is the beginning, middle, and end of the story?
- After trying for a very long time to get pregnant, my mom finally got pregnant with me
- I was born, and the doctors thought I was perfectly healthy, but then they found out I had problems with my heart
- I had open heart surgery, and was in NICU for 20 days
- To wrap it up it will end with my mom expressing how lucky we were that I turned out fine, and havent had any complications since then
- What larger themes does this story address?
- The piece will focus more on the feelings and emotions experienced throughout the course of the story, rather than plot. I guess a larger theme that will be present is a mothers love for her child
10 questions:
- Questions should get you the answers so you can tell a beginning, middle, and end
- Avoid yes/no questions
- How long were you trying to get pregnant and why were some of the reasons is was so difficult?
- When you found out you were pregnant with me, how did you feel? What were the thoughts running through your mind at that moment?
- How did you feel when I was born? Can you tell me about that moment?
- When you were told that I wasn’t “thriving” how did you feel?
- What was wrong with me? What did they find out? Can you explain what that means, and the implications of having that?
- How long did the surgery take? What was it like for you when I was in surgery? How did you feel?
- How did life differ from what you expected of being a new parent?
- What was your life like while I was in the NICU?
- What was the hardest part about raising a cardiac baby?
- What was the best part about raising me?
Comments
Post a Comment